Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WE ARE A GO!

BIG DAY TODAY!

I got a bit impatient today waiting for that Vitamin D level so I called the corporate office of the lab who drew my blood and asked them to ensure my labs were in process (I started to worry it was overlooked or something). The woman was so nice! She said it was in process and she put me on hold, came back and said, "the results JUST came in, let me fax it to you". I WAS SO EXCITED! I checked the fax machine about every 3 minutes! It finally came across and the VITAMIN D LEVEL WAS NORMAL! I knew that meant we were a GO for surgery!

I called my surgeon's office and it took about 2 hours to get ahold of Craig, the nurse. Once I did he was GREAT! He was equally excited to get me on the books! He was concerned about my pathology report on the lymph node and he thought the surgeon would want to tell me that it didn't look good in person but I told him to just tell her to take it out if she wanted to and I am OK with it (all that means is they are taking another part out and that I am in Stage II cancer). He said she wouldn't have a problem with that and then told me my surgery date is:

TUESDAY, APRIL 22ND!!

I have one week to prepare and get things in order! I am SO EXCITED to get this over with. I think I am actually still not over the shock of it all and getting a surgery date once again made it feel a little more real. I have cancer and I am having surgery next week... so strange!!!

My family is already in full travel arrangement mode! :-) I am so blessed! I will be VERY well cared for!!

TOMORROW:
  • Turn in my FMLA paperwork
  • Call my Endo & Internal Med doctors (they wanted to see me again before the surgery)
  • See my OB/GYN @ 9:15am for the birth control
  • Still have to get that xray
  • Start my final wrap up at work

HERE WE GO!!!



No comments: