Friday, April 18, 2008

Endocrinologist Update

Ok....I was quite surprised that I could make it this long on 2-3 hours of sleep and no food today! I have just been so darn excited that Brenna arrived before my surgery!!! I just got home from spending a few wonderful hours with the Leal Family at the hospital (Brenna slept in my arms for quite a while... just PRECIOUS!!).

OK... I was supposed to see my internal medicine doc this morning but since we didn't get home until 5am I had to bump that back until Monday at 3:00pm (so worth it!!).


However, I did get an unexpected call from my Endocrinologist, Dr. Nader, today and she said this:

1. She spoke to my surgeon, Dr.Emily Robinson, and they talked about how the lymph node was worse than they expected so they are changing my treatment plan up just a little bit.

2. Every thing will still proceed on Tuesday with the surgery but after the surgery they are NOT going to put me on any medication for the thyroid until I see her on May 5th. She said something about wanting my body to get ready for a "massive, huge" amount of radiation.

3. She also said she talked to the doctor who is going to administer my radiation and they agreed with this lymph node issue that I will definitely need this "massive, huge" amount and therefore he will probably keep me in the hospital during and after radiation.

4. On May 5th I will go to the Endo doc and they will do a pregnancy blood test to ENSURE I am not pregnant and then she will schedule the radiation for the week of 5/19/08. There will also be some other tests done and I think that is when I will find out about my permanent medication.

5. For the week after radiation she told me I cannot go anywhere due to quite a bit of testing I will have to have. Not quite sure for what... I am so tired I just wrote every thing down that she told me and didn't ask any questions (my brain was too slow).



TOMORROW:
Jennifer & Peter fly in!!

MONDAY:
Sandy flies in

TUESDAY:
Surgery (I will be in the hosp from 1 to 7 days depending on my calcium levels, etc)


~ REST UNTIL MAY 5th, 2008 (I will do my BEST) ~

Today was my last day at work. It was all very surreal and it just kept hitting me through out the day that this is really happening! I have the BEST support any one could ask for and knowing with out a doubt that the end result is going to be good... I have NO fear, just a great peace that it is in God's hands and no matter what it is going to be ok.


I have to get better QUICK so I can spend PLENTY of time with Brenna!


Grammy... I got your card today, you have given me so much comfort and support! I cannot wait to give you a BIG hug!


I leave you with this (from Grammy's card):

"Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you" ~ Jeremiah 29:12

No comments: