Monday, April 7, 2008

BIOPSY DATE - ETC


There is a lot to tell you about today:

1. My biopsy is Thursday at 10am - they are going to do the left lymph node only, should not be nearly as painful and uncomfortable as the Thyroid biopsies (I still have a nasty bruise on my neck - just looks like I have a really good hickey!!). :-)

2. I handed my work over to my wonderful coworkers today. They took it all in stride and I have FULL confidence they are going to do a great job! I did have my first little "meltdown" today after that. This made it feel real. I got a great text message that put a HUGE smile on my face so that made my meltdown last all of 2 minutes!

3. I went to the Endocrinologist today, Dr. Nader. She confirmed a lot of things but also added these new little tid bits:
  • I will be off work for at least 6 weeks.

  • I will have "massive" amounts of radiation starting 2 weeks after surgery but they will have to determine what type and how to administer it after they check my levels after surgery.

  • I absolutely have to guarantee that I am not pregnant and will not get pregnant for up to a year after surgery - I think we all know that is not a problem here (of course you know how things go for me, try for years and this will end up being the time - HAHA!). She wants me to take birth control pills, there is a reason I only took them for a couple of months YEARS ago - they made me nuts! We will go with Plan B on this one! :-)

  • I showed her all of the pills the surgeon told me to take and she agreed.

  • They do the radiation to kill what is left of the THYROID so they have a marker for if or when it comes back later or metastasises. Also to try to kill the cancer cells as well.
WHAT IS NEXT:

  • Wednesday - I see my cardiologist for cardiac clearance for surgery

  • Thursday - Have my biopsy to see if they are taking the lymph node as well
PENDING:
  • Waiting for my Vitamin D level to come back

  • Will schedule surgeon appt & Internal Medicine appt once that comes back (for this week)

  • Still need to go have an xray done of my right jaw

WHAT I AM FEELING:
  • My throat is hurting and I constantly have to clear it because it feels like someone is slightly squeezing it

  • My "chest" is REALLY hurting - some labs came back that my hormones are all out of whack due to my thyroid and they said that was most likely the reason ( I am not complaining however... after losing 20lbs it is nice to get my chest back again). :-)

I am very tired and I will end on this beautiful scripture from a sweet card that Mama G sent to me (love you):

He quieted the wind down to a whisper, put a muzzle on all the big waves. And you were so glad when the storm died down, and He led you safely back to the harbor. ~ Psalm 107:29-30
Thank you for all of your prayers!!

No comments: