Monday, January 12, 2009

QUICK UPDATE - Good news!!

The endo nazi called me today (since I have readers from Beijing to Mexico I hope she doesn't read this too - "hi" Linda & San!! HAHA!!) to discuss a patient over in Iran and she said, "well since I have you on the phone I might as well tell you that I got your lab results back from the other day".

Here is what she said:

My blood work showed that my thyroid tissue or the cancer cells are STARTING TO BE SUPPRESSED!! That means the protein hormone that was being produced at a significant amount (causes the cancer) is slowing down!! She even stated she might start lowering my dose! WHAT!!! I have been giggling all afternoon!
Remember that the last test showed that I had residual thyroid tissue and so the blood work showed that it was producing a significant amount of the protein hormone (something like that) which meant my thyroid "stem" that they left in was working like a full thyroid OR the protein was being produced by the cancer cells meaning since there was a significant amount then they were sure the cancer was growing rapidly.
SO, what this means is that what ever way it is (I will know for sure in a few weeks) it is calming down!! Makes sense, I have been feeling SO great and maybe, just maybe the radiation worked slower than we anticipated (was supposed to stop working in Oct) and IT IS KILLING THE CANCER!!
Now... I don't know this, it is just a possibility. But it doesn't matter, just this tid bit of good news has me on cloud 9! I want to keep feeling this good and living my ol' full life! I REFUSE TO GET SICK AGAIN! I am too happy now and Madge has just got to move on!
Love ya'll!!
GO MOMO (she is scared now!!!)

No comments: