Wednesday, January 28, 2009

DAY THREE!!

( I just had to use my "official" picture again - HAHA!!)


I am going to make this quick because I am not feeling so hot. :-(

I went to nuclear medicine this morning and the guy told me I needed to take a pregnancy test because the radiation would harm the baby. I was having deja vu! I told him I had a test on Monday and the Monday before and they were negative. He said he would have to call my doctor. The good thing is the nurse wrote that I had a negative pregnancy test on my protocol so I whipped that out of my purse. Then he confessed that the doctor wasn't there yet so I waited almost an HOUR! Goodness.... and to think my patients used to wait up to 2 hours! SO SORRY!

So the doctor came in and I hadn't met this one before, he was very young and very nice (all the guys in nuclear medicine are so extremely nice I wrote a raving letter to their manager who was one of my neurosurgery patients). So, he gave me the usual spiel about everything and then they went to get the dose. This one was only 5 (I don't know what measuring unit they use) and when I took the dose to "kill" the cancer it was 220 so this one is SMALL but still packed a punch!!

They came in with the silver can and she had me take the container out from inside of it. You are not allowed to touch the pill so you take it like a shot and down a bunch of water. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink for 30 minutes (which was a real bummer because I was going to grab a HUGE breakfast right after that).

I did ask about being around Brenna and he said I was not allowed to kiss her (the radiation comes out the saliva and urine) and I couldn't hug or hold her until after my scan on Friday. I had already mentally prepared for that and that is a big part of why we all went to dinner last night. :-(

So no kissing and canoodling for me for 2 days. At least I am not quarantined for 7 days again! :-)

That is it. I have not had a good day physically but mentally I am happy as all get out!!! I got anxious today for the first time really about the test on Friday. I could find out I am cancer free! How cool would that be.... or I could find out that it is still there and we go for round 2! I am OK with that outcome, I know what to expect this time so it isn't scary. Don't get me wrong though... I am really ready to move on with my life!! I will see the screen after my test and I will see if it glows or not but I won't get that official call from my doctor until Monday. I will report if it glowed or not but I won't have a plan until next week if it does.

Ok... I am off to go rest. I will report on what I am going through physically tomorrow. I have NOTHING on the agenda tomorrow - YAY YAY YAY!!!! :-) Of course I wish I could just go have the scan and know one way or another!!! I have never been good with anticipation! :-)

JUST 2 MORE DAYS!!!

GO MOMO!!

No comments: