Monday, January 26, 2009

ONE DAY DOWN!

Well I went over to the doctors office today (great because it is right across the street from where I work) to get my first shot of Thyrogen. I went back and she placed me in the "shot" room and then she came in and said she needed a pregnancy test. I gave her that "look" and laughed (they all know it would be the second coming of Christ if I were pregnant) and said if she gave me the shot and I was pregnant it would harm the baby so they HAD to make sure. Even though I had the test a week ago I had to do it again. Then they made me wait forever but I got to chit chat with all the girls in the office. Then it was time.....

She took me in another room and went over the protocol with me (basically just the schedule of tests, etc.. for this week). Then she told me that there are some side effects to the shot which include severe headache and/or nausea for the entire week. At first it bothered me because y'all know the nausea was my biggest issue before (I can live with just about anything but that). Then I realized that this shot was keeping me from being sick for weeks (5 or 6 minimum) so what is JUST ONE week??? I can do this!

I got the shot in the right "hip" (once again girls......) and then she told me I had to sit there for 30 minutes to make sure I didn't have any side effects.

About 15 minutes later I could tell it hit me but I didn't get nauseous. I was jut dizzy and I had that "cloudy" feeling that I had before where I cannot concentrate or speak clear sentences - I just keep calling blonde moments (gotta love those hormones).

I was cleared to leave and went back to work and then I started experiencing sharp shooting pains from my neck up to the top of my head. I haven't really shaken it since but I am just so happy that I don't have other side effect! YAY!!! :-)

So I go back tomorrow for the 2nd shot.

Oh yes... the endo called before my doc appt and said this (Iranian accent), "Ms. Chandler (sounds like ChandLAA) I spoke to your surgeon again and she looked at your surgery report and your ultrasound, she did leave a clip in there because she had to clip a vessel but she says it shouldn't be a problem. Just proceed with your tests this week and lets get this done". I said, "ok" and that was that.

I will call the surgeon's office tomorrow to ensure it is titanium and MRI compatible.

ONE DAY DOWN.... FOUR TO GO!

I just want to eat shrimp again! You don't realize how much you love something until you can't have it anymore!!

JUST THINK - IT COULD BE 4 MORE DAYS UNTIL WE FIND OUT
NO MORE MADGE!!!

GO MOMO GO!!

No comments: