Monday, May 12, 2008

WE HAVE A PLAN!!!


My doctor called today and here is the plan:

FRIDAY 5/16: RADIATION AT THE HOSPITAL 9:45AM
I get to go home as long as I promise to follow the rules which include not coming into contact with anyone or anything else that someone is going to touch. We have it planned that I will be quarantined in the master bedroom w/bathroom for 2 days.

WED 5/21: I will start taking my Thyroid medication - 1/2 a pill for 1 week and then move up to a whole pill

FRIDAY 5/23: I will go in for a scan to see if the radiation killed the cancer! Apparently the "live" cancer cells will glow and that will tell them if I need another dose.


Then we just see how it goes from there. Hopefully the medication will go well and the scan will show the DEATH OF MADGE!!!


WE ARE ALMOST HOME!!!

The only sad thing is that Friday is the 1 year anniversary of Mike's passing and we had Karen & Faith coming in to town and I was really looking forward to having them here and celebrating his life. But unfortunately I cannot be around anyone after radiation. In a way it is cool that I am having this on that day, I will know he is close by. :-)


GO MOMO!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My precious adopted granddaughter, you just don't know what it meant to me to hear your voice on the phone - thank you for calling and easing the wonder in my heart of this weekend. You sounded great and so upbeat - and I just know this radiation will send Madge on her way. And the news that you & Gene will be here in a month. Oh
wonderful to have my Texas family here so I can feel all your love in this lonesome house. Love you two - Grammy

Anonymous said...

I love you - our whole church is praying daily for you plus 4 of my "kids" at the orphanage - there are four now taking English lessons - so we can write you a MOMO card!! love ya, San

Anonymous said...

Brandy, I won't have a chance to write tomorrow night so I want to wish you luck with your radiation on Friday. You already know that I am continually praying for the death of Madge once and for all. I know it is the will of God that you will wholly recover from this awful disease and He will use your experience to further His Heavenly agenda. And I also want you and Gene to know that I will be remembering the one-year anniversary date of Mike's passing this Friday. How could anyone forget Mike---he was one of a kind, huh? Be brave with the strength of Christ fortifying every fiber of your body as you go through radiation. You will not only "glow" from it, but you will also glow from His radiant love protecting you.

May the peace of Christ be yours. Bye-bye, Madge. Good riddance!!!!!

Mama G. (Karen)

Anonymous said...

Brandy my love - just lost the comments I just wrote to you so will try again - tomorrow will be a day of remembrance in the future of your radiation treatment beginning with the demise of Madge..& also a day of remembrance for a great man in Mike. As my daughter so aptly put it - "be brave with the strength of Christ" .. "with His radiant love protecting you."

God Bless Our Brandy - Grammy

Anonymous said...

Much love and prayers to you and Gene. Lea