Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Sprung Out!

Today was officially my first day out of quarantine and it was quite the adventure!

I went off on a mission to find a few things and every store I went into I set off their security alarms. I had to explain that I wasn't stealing, I was just radiating!! - HAHA! I finally just went home, it wasn't worth the trouble. How funny is that??? They had told me I would set off the Homeland Security monitors but I find it rather strange that I would set off security alarms.

The stomach cramps and nausea have subsided for the most part, just a little here and there especially after I eat.

I will start taking my medication tonight! 1/2 pill for one week and then switch to a full pill. Let's hope

Just a couple of more days until the scan, it will be so interesting. I am hoping to take a picture of it for you guys. I was able to see one when we were there the other day and they are really neat!!!

I was a little sad the other day after radiation thinking about how I have been so mean to Madge but she actually has brought so many wonderful things into my life and so many great things have happened because of her. I had to tell her "thank you" but "good bye".

The plan is still to go back to work on June 2nd. I have decided that at least once a week I am going to go across the street to the hospital and volunteer at the cancer unit to give back what little that I can. I have been so fortunate and I want to do anything I can to help others who have not been in their fight with cancer.

GO MOMO!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandy:
Keep that pretty smile and continue
to think positive.Glad you are finished with the quarantine.Do not
worry about the alarms.Uncle Ronnie
is a bit slow on computer technology,but hopefully I will have success in sening this message on your Blog.You are in my prayers every day.
Love Ya,
Uncle Ronnie & Aunt Grace

Anonymous said...

Hey Beautiful - that photo of you & Brenna touches my heart, also your delightful call which assured me you are on your way to recovery.
So admire you for what you are going thru & keeping that positive attitude despite all the trials - now watch those Security Alarm blastings!!! Your planning to volunteer at the Cancer Center, again says a lot about your
loving and giving character. I bow down to you for many reasons & proud you are in our lives.
Love you big as the sky - Grammy