Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! & Face Mystery SOLVED!

Well.... although I had one of my best years despite the circumstances I am still glad to see 2008 go. I know 2009 is going to be full of even more wonderful blessings and happenings! I have some goals for this new year that have me rather excited so stay tuned.....

Ok, so I went to the dermatologist yesterday for my 6wk check up to check the status of my face! Well... I left his office feeling rather strange. This doctor gives me the CREEPS and he just doesn't seem to be on the ball. So, as I was leaving the building there was this GORGEOUS derm clinic and no one was in the waiting room. I heard a voice in my head say "take charge of your health Brandy" so I went in and asked if I could be seen. The receptionist was so sweet and said they could see me in just a few minutes! So, I filled out all of the paperwork and then saw a Dr. Tyler. Both him and the nurse listened to my story about how my hormones were all out of whack due to my thyroidectomy and he sat there and explained WHY my face reacted!!!! It felt so good to have someone understand!!!


My current problem has been so strange, the acne is gone but I have had these rash like bumps all over my face. He said that the acne was due to the hormone inbalance and the bumps that came afterwards were a result from the antibiotic they put me on. See, the antibiotic got rid of too much of the good bacteria and therefore my face compensated with yeast growth (I know sounds so icky). GOOD NEWS is there is a simple cure, now on top of the other 2 medications I will be taking another pill to balance out my bacteria/yeast issue and another topical cream. Unfortunately I have to be on all 4 of these meds until my hormones are balanced. He was just so COOL and then he gave me $560 worth of samples (one of the meds the other doc has me on costs me $60 a month and he gave me a ton of free ones).


He also did a full body skin cancer check (good thing I was prepared - HAHA!!) and said everything looked great!!

I am just so relieved that he explained why my face has done this and I am so happy to move on.


NEXT STEP:

BIG appointment on 1/8/09 to get the plan from the endo doc about the next steps



I hope that you all have an incredibly blessed 2009 and thank you for sticking this out with me and I know this coming year is going to be INCREDIBLE!!!


GO MOMO!!!

No comments: