Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cancer Survivor - DAY 3!

What a wild ride this is!!! I guess I had envisioned this moment for ...... well 2 years now and I am surprised it isn't what I had imagined!!!!

IT'S BETTER! :-) I thought once I heard I was cancer free that I might just kind of want to back off and NOT hear about cancer and think about everything we had to go through, etc.... (take a break). BUT.... it is the opposite!

When I was diagnosed I immediately wanted to HELP - I wanted other cancer patients to feel the LOVE. Now all I can think about is how I want to do what I can so other cancer patients can feel this EMPOWERMENT and sense of STRENGTH!! I am more on fire now than ever before!!

I am a group leader starting today for Cards for Cancer - I will collect cards (bought or handmade) for cancer patients and deliver them to MD Anderson (along with the afghans). I know when I received a card in the mail it just made my day. It is a wonderful feeling to know you are NOT alone and that people do care - even if we have not met them in person.

I will be sending out info soon if you want to give cards - it won't be a one time thing, there are too many patients and unfortunately that won't stop soon. :-(

I am feeling more alive and energetic than ever!!! I feel like a whole new person today. I tried to explain it to someone and all I can come up with is that even though I thought I had a pretty good attitude along the way I didn't realize what a CONSTANT burden and weight cancer was on my shoulders. As soon as it was lifted I instantly felt AMAZING - not just because I knew the cancer was gone but because there was no longer a "black cloud" always looming in the background of my mind. I have room now for ALL THINGS POSITIVE now! :-)

I am just gibber jabbering - I am a constant ball of energy now. I am STILL giggling, dancing to the tune in my head, smiling from ear to ear, etc......... I wish everyone could feel this euphoria! :-)

Love you all ~

NO MO MOMO!!!

No comments: